31 JANUARY

Home / Forums / Help Exchange / 31 JANUARY

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    9th January 2020 at 6:57 pm #518374

Well why am I not surprised, dear old Beatrix has accused other people on here of one thing or another, I recall her telling some of us off about BE,  most probably his neighbour. We rarely see her on here to offer help, or debate but waits until her desire wells up to judge someone.  So not a member in fact, just a silly judge, oh dear, never mind :wacko: ….
    By the way I don’t have a Kia, seems you  want to judge people by the car they drive, how silly, we have a French doctor who drives a Kia, what does that say about her in your judgment?

Anonymous
    9th January 2020 at 7:01 pm #518375

That’s the best option marion , but then ……… you have to converse in French! ( also be provable resident for minimum 5 years) :-)

Well that’s knocks out some people then and until pretty conversant after that period as well :yes: :whistle:

Me no understand Roger , what does that mean ?

Well even when you qualify as a resident you still need to speak French sufficiently enough to be accepted….’er indoors is going for an Irish passport as natural Father was Irish and his Father and his Father……. I might stick with my Titre de Sejour and bounce around France and Spain whilst I decide what to do.

9th January 2020 at 8:03 pm #518381

Roger despite being here for 27 yrs when I went to renew my very out of date 10 yr CDS they still asked for 5 yrs impôt .So they do check at Quimper prefecture.

9th January 2020 at 8:15 pm #518383

If you are over 65, have lived here for over 25 yrs and have either french born children or grandchildren you can apply for Nationality par ascendance .It is a fairly new piece of legislation 2015 .It is a declaration not by decret. Details are on the Rennes prefecture website.

Anonymous
    9th January 2020 at 8:18 pm #518384

Certainly seems like the best option for me personally. I shall be setting the wheels in motion before too long, I think.

It’s not difficult Danny , the lady at the Prefecture that takes the interview is very nice . We had a long discussion about whether the Eifel tower was a monument or not ! :-)

Anonymous
    9th January 2020 at 8:23 pm #518386

That’s the best option marion , but then ……… you have to converse in French! ( also be provable resident for minimum 5 years) :-)

Well that’s knocks out some people then and until pretty conversant after that period as well :yes: :whistle:

Me no understand Roger , what does that mean ?

Well even when you qualify as a resident you still need to speak French sufficiently enough to be accepted….’er indoors is going for an Irish passport as natural Father was Irish and his Father and his Father……. I might stick with my Titre de Sejour and bounce around France and Spain whilst I decide what to do.

You have to speak French and understand French politics/way of life to get French Nationality . It’s no good going to the interview without any knowledge of France. We are accepted in our village, a lot of the hunting/fishing people don’t like us , but they have respect. I was told by one old guy , that I have known since I moved here , that we are the ” last real farmers ” in our village . He also told me that his father had been the biggest farmer in the village where he came from , he had 12 cows !!   :yes: :yes:

Anonymous
    9th January 2020 at 9:12 pm #518389

Having taken a while to read all of the topic since last night, I must say that I don’t find Beardy’s description of his time here in France as opposed to the UK as complicated as others seem to, nor do I find any posts more reassuring for him and others in his position than Jamie’s. I think it’s quite probable that there are at least hundreds of people like Beardy and his wife, living in France for some time but with minimal contact with other English people more up-to-date and aware of the current situation that we now find ourselves in.

Jamie, I’ve sent you a PM.

9th January 2020 at 9:37 pm #518393

It’s not difficult Danny , the lady at the Prefecture that takes the interview is very nice . We had a long discussion about whether the Eifel tower was a monument or not !

No, I know it’s not difficult Debeor, but thanks for your encouraging words. My ex wife has already been through the process while I’ve been procrastinating. It won’t be a problem, I should be able meet all the requirements without too much difficulty.

Anonymous
    9th January 2020 at 9:42 pm #518394

What VK, even more simple than a few of us telling Beardsy to go to then Impots and declare, call DWP in Newcastle and sort out an SI, then when he receives it, pop along to his local CPAM who will guide him through the way to his health care. Is that not simple enough. And where is Beardsy anyway.
    29 years or whatever and you think that is common not to ever find out the real facts on how to go about getting legal. Sorry I certainly do not and I have assisted many and I mean many people to get Health care here and to declare first time at the Hotel des Impots.

9th January 2020 at 10:19 pm #518397

After just spending 21 days in hospital with pneumonia( hence time spent on fb etc ) I can assure you I am fully bi lingual.I had to tell the young doc once to slow down ,she apologized saying my french was so good she had forgotten !I was also stumped for a few hours with the word ganglion ,not at all logical to me ,lots in the body all with different functions ??? At the end I stumbled on the word glands .Why Douarnenez hospital has no internet for patients is beyond me.

10th January 2020 at 8:37 am #518403

When my wife and I originally considered moving to France we bought lots of magazines about life in France. We also bought two books about living and working in France and buying a house in France. These publications provided all the information about living here relevent at the time, renting or buying a house, where to go to get registered for taxation, health, registering or buying a car, everything you need to know. This was 15 years ago before the internet had so much information as there is now.

I would have thought what I describe would be a normal thing to do so to believe that there are lots of people living here for years who genuinely don’t know their basic legal obligations, I find very difficult to believe.

Anonymous
    10th January 2020 at 9:51 am #518404

Well the WA bill has cleared the Commons unamended and is on it’s way to the Lords….

Anonymous
    10th January 2020 at 10:00 am #518405

Surprise , surprise ! :yahoo:

Little America .

10th January 2020 at 10:32 am #518407

Well the WA bill has cleared the Commons unamended and is on it’s way to the Lords….

:negative:

Boo Brexit.  Boo Tories.

Can’t say I am shocked though.

Anonymous
    10th January 2020 at 1:43 pm #518410

When a Tory government has a very large majority anything can and will be done to suit the Tory big wigs and billionaires. If people up North think that the pledge by Boris was real, they will need to think again. It may well take Labour ten years pand more to get back in power and the damage to the normal people of the UK, especially the less well off will make today feel like a picnic for them.

Anonymous
    10th January 2020 at 2:18 pm #518412

It’s the young I feel sorry for. Let down by the oldies hankering after a time that never existed and being promised a return to it by the right wing press with their own agendas. Hopefully as they pop their clogs in the decade to come things might change…

Also this article explains about the EU citizens rights issue that was voted against this week. It was an attempt to give settled status automatically without having to apply so was outside of the WA.
    https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/01/09/with-his-majority-in-place-johnson-chips-away-at-eu-citizen

Anonymous
    10th January 2020 at 6:48 pm #518424

This article shows an interesting take on things – https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/opinion/brexit-scotland-northern-ireland.html

10th January 2020 at 7:01 pm #518425

Jazzy not all us oldies voted out .I know 5 under 50 who voted out.

Anonymous
    10th January 2020 at 7:12 pm #518426

Great news for Northern Ireland: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51068774 :good:

10th January 2020 at 10:06 pm #518442

So they have finally sorted things out between themselves,about time!

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.