Home Forums General Parcel Delivery!,

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bluevelvet 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

britchick
    Participant
    • Topics:28
    • Replies:289
    • Contributions:317
    • ★★★★

Drives me nuts.The no show,the excuses,the opened parcels,the lack of accountability.How do you get anything done about the awful service?GLS informed me that they couldn’t deliver because of bad weather conditions…what utter rubbish.There was drizzle,the parcel was one hour away!!A parcel from the UK was delayed ghrough an insufficient address.Again rubbish.I was from my Daughter, so the address was correct.She paid a fortune for 24 hour delivery,it arrived after 7 days.It had been opened,every individual parcel inside,had been opened,even Birthday cards were opened.The whole was thrown into a box and eventually delivered.Complaints were ignored.The French blamed the post office,the English blamed the French!!I fumed,nobody cared.End of rant

wurzy2
    Participant
    • Topics:8
    • Replies:363
    • Contributions:371
    • ★★★★

It never gets any better! La Poste here recently received a recorded delivery letter via the English Post Office for me. It arrived in France the day after it was sent with a charge of £7 having been made for the service. Days and days after it arrived at our local sorting office, we finally woke up and tracked it and ‘phoned to ask where it was. Been delivered, they told us. To whom? Well, you of course. Really, we’ve not signed anything and there’s been nothing left in our box. (Exasperated sigh on the other end of the line)! They said they needed to ask questions and call us back. The following day they mailed us (on one of their wretched “do not respond” addresses) to say they would need 5 working days to make enquiries of the postal workers. 10 days passed. We really needed the documents we should have received but decided to re-order them in England. More phone calls. Seems every local postal worker knew of our complaint but wouldn’t discuss it or the fact that they don’t obtain signatures for a service which expressly states that will happen. Our own post lady said she did not have the time when we stopped her in the street near our box!! We had already heard by this time that the letter had not been signed for, just “put in a box”. Clearly not our box.
    So we wrote and told them that we needed – at least – to be reimbursed the sum which had been expended on a service which they had not provided. Response and really inspired customer care come-back? “We suggest you ask the sender to claim the fee back from the English postal service!!!!!!!!!!!!”
    New documents arrived from England, ordinary post and no delay. Got really angry and said that before writing to the CEO of La Poste here in France, we needed to point out that the British postal service had taken the fee and envelope and delivered it to France the NEXT day. The extent of their responsibility, surely. And seriously, what do they rate the chances are of a successful claim from another country when they, La Poste, are totally responsible for the cock up. The next day a facteur phoned and said he would be paying back our fee. We told La Poste that we didn’t want the postman concerned to refund our money, they needed to deal with that and then deal with him. Whilst in the middle of writing to La Poste CEO, my OH. came in with a form left in our postbox which allows us to use their international signed-for service one time for free! Small result. Since then lots of mails asking how we rate their service. IGNORED ……………

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

It is truly shocking.I am sitting here waiting for my parcel,which successfully traveled from America,to the UK,no idea why,and then here,where the whole shstem fell apart.The result of my complaint to GLS was,guess what,a list of things you can do to complain,amongst it the email address I complained to.It’s the name of the game.Send them around in circles,they will give up.HermesUK is another example of darnright uselessness.Bike collected,worth £400.Email to confirm collection.From there on the bike vanished.Not at the depot,nowhere! Phone calls produced the old send them in circles routine.Complaints on their Facebook page produced insults and bad language.You could surmise the bike was,um,misappropriated by the person who collected it,but of couse that would,probably,be a violation of their human rights or similar.It’s enough to drive you to an early grave.

wurzy2
    Participant
    • ★★★★

It’s a test. We need to have a rant and then really need not to play! Definitely avoiding an early grave before it all gets too serious. You have a new puppy!!!!! That’s enough of a happy distraction – albeit a slightly puddly one!

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Rosie, Jack Russell Terrier,as wicked as can be,but great fun.

1+

wurzy2
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Gorgeous….a girly chum for Fada. Twice the madness but twice the fun.

1+

marmite
    Participant
    • Topics:15
    • Replies:450
    • Contributions:465
    • Guardian
    • ★★★★★

What joy britchick …they look gorgeous!
    Mr marmite went to Paris to renew his passport..asked them to post it here.paid the fee…they sent it on the 5th February..recorded delivery we were travelling on the18th…it arrived on the 17th.la poste phoned us at 7.30am to tell us it had arrived,
    (The embassy had agreed to give him temporary papers but we had to go to Paris to pick them up on the way to Calais.)
    Thankfully by the skin of their teeth la poste delivered.
    As for parcels ,they are never delivered to the house ,even by Dhl ,we always have to go to the depot in Falaise.

bungle
    Participant
    • Topics:3
    • Replies:265
    • Contributions:268
    • ★★★★

Paris? We were told you could no longer renew via paris, had to be done online via the Uk, and Britchick, if your parcel came from the USA its not unusual for it to be opened and contents checked by customs, the items could be liable to both VAT and duty.

marmite
    Participant
    • Guardian
    • ★★★★★

Quite right Bungle.
    Not the British embassy.

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Bungle,the parcel that had been opened came from the UK not America.The parcel,which eventually arrived today from America, was ordered via Borderfree,all duties and taxes included in the putchase price.

marmite
    Participant
    • Guardian
    • ★★★★★

Not America either!

bungle
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Putchase price? Maybe the parcel looked a bit suspect, after all, the uk is europes hard drug hub, its what the brexitaires mean by good old british entrepreneurial spirit. We used to be the worlds biggest drug dealers, no reason why after brexit we couldnt again be number one.

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Dear god,the spelling control police are out.Purchase price.The duties etc are included.It sems to have become quite common practice for mail to be opened, at some point before delivery,cards especially. .I can only guess why!! So we have Mothering Sunday coming up,Easter etc etc.I am going to tell my family not to send anything over by post.Many Christmas cards are still arriving now.It has all gone to pot.If I have to check every punctuation mark,ever word for spelling and every sentence for spacing,because some people have nothing better to do than pick,then I will leave the pickers to it.

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Oh and Bungle, it’s couldn’t!!

marmite
    Participant
    • Guardian
    • ★★★★★

Bungle.be happy you don’t live in the uk anymore.
    However you don’t have to attack the uk .
    Hub of drugs?what utter rubbish.
    Throwing in Brexit for good measure…….a low shot.
    This post is about a postal delivery…something that affects us all.

bluevelvet
    Participant
    • Topics:0
    • Replies:664
    • Contributions:664
    • Star
    • ★★★★★★

I told our local post office of the dreadful fiasco of the lost, not delivered, late deliveries of Christmas cards, sent from UK at great expense and before the cut off day! The lady was amazed! I wonder if it’s all the casual type extra workers they take in at Christmas, including post people, who collect and deliver, to cope with the volume of work! There has to be a weak link there somewhere! 📮

bungle
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Utter rubbish? I quote utter rubbish? I beg to differ. The uk has more hard drug addicts than any other western european state, and is europes main go to destination for coke and crack.
    I send stuff all over the planet, have never had a client complain about their parcel being opened, most stuff sails straight through customs, only delays ive ever had were with Australian clients. I dont really care anymore about spelin an punkuation, my new phone sticks in whatever word it wants so i simply let it git on wiv it. Really feel for you Britchick, jack bad choice, impossible to potty train, my experience is they are simply a four legged pee machine.

marmite
    Participant
    • Guardian
    • ★★★★★

Bungle…unforgivable to say nasty things about a baby jack Russell.
    Don’t be nasty…be nice it’s so much easier to tolerate!

britchick
    Participant
    • ★★★★

Bungle,she is the most beautiful pee machine,and we are getting there.To be honest,afterworking with the human elderly for 11 years, a bit of puppy piddle and poop is nothing.And what is potty training?. We are english, my girl is being house trained not potty trained.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

united in france expat community